Thursday, November 3, 2011

The First Stone

By Mark Bishop

Have you seen the way she dresses and how many shots she took
See how he impresses people just to get a look

Did you hear how he was bragging
Did you see her stomach sagging
At least I didn't throw up,
I wasn't even gagging,

She's a slut, he's a fag
they're retarded, what a tool,
workaholic, anorexic, sex addicted, selfish cruel
wife abuser, steroid user, liar, boozer
just a stool for our pride we use to elevate ourselves
we don't seem so bad when we're compared to someone else

but life is not a competition
it's a battle with high stakes
we've all forsaken strongholds
He died for all our sakes
what a lovely field of whitewashed tombs our crooked judgment makes
when some people are sinners and some just make mistakes

1 comment:

  1. I think of all of your poems that I have heard or read this is my favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete