Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Staring At The Sun

By Mark Bishop

From Staring at the sun I fear I've chard my eyes
I don't think I can recognize love without the lust.

No I can't see beauty anymore, I've made my home on a
distant shore. And stare intently evermore into the bright abyss

This sea is simply skin and bone. This gaze a heart cannot
be shown. I'm glad for mine I fear has dried to stone
from staring at the sun.

How have I lived so many years without sight,
How Did I overlook the perpetual night?
I shout in vain "it isn't right to see only the sun"

And those who I can't see, who's beauty lies across
the waves, where such things last for far more days
I'm blinded to for my flesh craves the brightness of the sun.

Oh God restore this heart to long for things not
found in siren's songs but in faith battle worn and strong
In grace and peace not lust adorn. 
In truth and love. my heart is torn oh vision, desire come be reborn and think not of that sun.

Don't be captivated by a flash of light.
Don't be persuaded by the promise of a night.
Don't be jaded by the lies.
Perhaps their body never satisfies because its true
we seared our eyes from looking at the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment